If you'd like to submit to our new Steampunk Anthology, “Gears of Wrath”, we'd be delighted. Here are a few submission guidelines to help you make sure you're submitting something we're more likely to publish. Here's the info:
The Anthology: “Gears of Wrath” is an anthology of short stories in the Steampunk Genre aimed at an adult audience. We will remain open to new submissions until the end of February 2018, with notifications likely toward the end of March. We are looking for a June publication date. The book will be published both as a trade paperback and as an Ebook. Authors will divide a 40% royalty from the book, paid semi-annually via PayPal. Authors will receive a contributor's copy. Full details will be included with the final publication contract, which we promise will be simple, legible, and comprehensible.
Submissions: Submissions should be made to email@example.com with “gears submission” in the subject line. Initial submissions must be in .pdf format. If accepted, authors will be expected to submit their final drafts according to our format requirements. Works must be original and previously unpublished.
- Works may be up to 20,000 words in length, but much shorter works will be equally considered.
- Strong character development and interesting story lines will be given preference over gadget stories.
- There are no limitations on subject material. Politics, eros, intellectual and literary metaphors, all are fair game. Strong language and situations are acceptable as long as driven by the necessities of the story; gratuitous sex and violence plugged in for shock value are not, nor are blatant sexist, racist, or homophobic references unless they are the topic of the story itself. Please do NOT talk down to or be afraid of getting overly complex for our readers. They're a smart and eclectic group.
- Please don't submit until you have a work in printable form. Grammatical errors, poor spelling, and glaring plot holes will get your document rejected out of hand. We are looking for professionally written pieces that stimulate thought and conversation.
- After submission, we may a) take the piece and send you formatting guidelines and a publication agreement, b) return the work with some corrections or suggestions and ask that you resubmit, or c) reject the work. We do not critique or explain rejected works. Decisions of the editors are final. Bribes will not be accepted unless astronomical.
- Details of publication, reporting details, and details of payment will be supplied on acceptance. Due to the vagaries of the publishing business, we reserve the right to change any of these details up to that time.
- RECAP: Submission Deadline Midnight February 29, 2018.
We look forward to seeing what you'll come up with.